Powered By Blogger

Friday, November 24, 2017

'Tis the Season

The Bells of Christmas are Ringing--Julie Andrews



Every year during the outset of Christmas season, I always feature the YouTube video of Julie Andrews singing "The Bells of Christmas are Ringing."  I feel that's the perfect way to begin the Christmas season, which typically begins the day after Thanksgiving, esp. with the Black Friday shopping that takes place.  I conjured the idea of starting the Christmas season off with Julie Andrews singing, "The Bells of Christmas are Ringing" several years ago when I used to listen to the late Edith L. Bennett perform her Christmas programs specials on WOMI AM radio 1490.  She worked for WOMI Radio from November 1950 until her death on April 12, 2013.  She had a Sunday morning radio program for 3.5 hours and then on Christmas eve and Christmas day she would air her Christmas program which would feature all kinds of Christmas music from various artists and musicians.  Every year on WOMi when the Christmas season would begin, she would start it with Julie Andrews singing "The Bells of Christmas are Ringing."  I decided to use that song as a trademark when beginning the Christmas season on this blog. 

This year I'm planning on posting several Christmas musicals from YouTube.  I also plan on writing about the doctrine of the Virgin Birth as well.  There's a Christmas thought I'm thinking about writing using the song the Gaither's wrote years ago, "Because He Lives."  I will also write about the different Christmas traditions that have been practiced for years around the world.  I'm also contemplating writing about the different customs that different customs use in celebrating Christmas.  How is Christmas celebrated in Australia or Mexico, for example.  I will probably include a few news pieces revolving around Christmas as well.  I featured on piece of Christmas news on this past Wednesday's post.  You will also be seeing pieces of George F. Handel's Messiah musical.  I'm looking forward to another great Christmas this year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment