Powered By Blogger

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day 2011

The Rambos "A Picture of Your Mother"



The Rambos "The Touch of Mama's Hand"



I want to take this time to wish all mothers a Happy Mother's Day. I want to commend you mothers for all your labor and sacrifice in raising your children.  There's no greater task than to raise future generations to serve the Lord.  In commeration of Mother's Day for this year I've included a couple of songs by the Rambos and two poems entitled, "My Mother Kept a Garden" and "A Precious Mother."

My Mother Kept a Garden

My mother kept a garden,
a garden of the heart,
She planted all the good things
That gave my life its start,
She turned me to the sunshine
and encouraged me to dream,
Fostering and nurturing
the seeds of self-esteem...
And when the winds and rain came,
she protected me enough-
But not too much because she knew
I'd need to stand up strong and tough.
Her constant good example
always taught me right from wrong-
Markers for my pathway
that will last a lifetime long.
I am my Mother's garden.
I am her legacy-
And I hope today she feels the love
reflected back from me.

AUTHOR UNKNOWN
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A Precious Mother

Mom, you've given me so much,
Love from your heart
and the warmth of your touch.
The gift of life and you're a friend to me.
We have a very Special Bond
which only comes from God...
I'm sure you agree.
As a child I would say Mommy I Love You,
Now you're my Mother so dear
I love you even more
with each and every new year.
If I could have chosen,
I would have picked no other.
Than for you...to be my lifelong friend
and Precious Mother.

AUTHOR UNKNOWN

The poems came from a Mother's Day website.

No comments:

Post a Comment