Powered By Blogger

Saturday, June 5, 2021

Donnie Swaggart's Letter to President Trump


This is a YouTube video where Donnie Swaggart, son of Evangelist Jimmy Swaggart, recites his letter that he wrote to former president Trump prior to leaving the White House.  I want to clarify that this isn't a promotion of the Jimmy Swaggart Ministries.  I know what happened back over 33+ years ago when it was revealed that Jimmy Swaggart was entertaining a prostitute at a Baton Rouge motel.  I'm not endorsing or supporting Swaggart's past actions.  I am posting this because it's about our former president and I was really moved in what he wrote in the letter to the former president.  This is about paying tribute to everything Trump was right about when he was president.  It's about giving credit where credit where credit is due.

I'm going to give you my insight about how I stand in regards to our former president.  I'm not going to review or critique what Swaggart had to say about Trump.  If anything, I'll add to it.  First of all, I've been registered to vote since 1989, when I turned 18.  Let me tell you what inspired me to register to vote when I turned 18.  It was the 1984 presidential election between Ronald Reagan and Walter Mondale.  I was very excited and enthusiastic about that presidential election.  I paid attention to it on the news that year at 13 years of age.  I had a strong fervent desire to vote in that election, but I couldn't because I was too young.  However, I was determined that year that as soon as I turned 18, I was going to register to vote.  Since that time I can honestly say to the best of my knowledge I don't ever recall a time I've ever missed a vote whether it be presidential, congressional, local, state, or special election.  I've always been serious about being at the polls when an election came about whether it was primary or general election.  I'm thankful for the God-given privilege to vote.  There have been numerous times I've written in candidates' name because I didn't trust either candidate on the Democratic or Republican side.  That's how important voting is to me.

I recall the 2016 election when probably at least 16 or 17 Republicans were placing their hat in the ring.  Many in the news media and political pundits thought Jeb Bush, former Florida governor and the brother and son of former presidents '41 and '43 would probably win the GOP primary.  I also remember Texas Senator Ted Cruz and Kentucky Senator Rand Paul was running for president.  Of course, Ted Cruz and Rand Paul weren't options for me because they were Senators serving in Washington.  I had no intention nor desire to vote for a politician in Washington.  I was so sick and tired of the phoniness I saw in the Republican Party and I knew that any politician already serving in Washington wasn't going to stand for our country if elected president.  However, when Trump fared well in the primaries, I was determined to vote for him in the general election but vote for Ben Carson, a former neurosurgeon, was running for president.  However, he dropped out of the race prior to the Kentucky caucus. (Kentucky had a caucus that year because Rand Paul was running for president and U.S. Senator).  Therefore, when we had the Kentucky caucus, I voted for Trump in the primary, because he was the only other option for me.  He was a businessman and political outsider.  He was the one person I desired to cast my vote for because I didn't want a professional Washington politician in the White House.  We've had enough of those.  In that election and. the 2020 election, I voted for Donald Trump in both the primary and general elections.

I am thankful for President Trump in defending our country over the course of 4 years.  He wasn't perfect, but he did a great job when you consider the constant barrage of criticism and ridicule from both the medial and the Democrats and Republicans.  He's had more courage than any other politician to stand for the values of God, Country, and the Constitution in many, many years.  Not only was he criticized and ridiculed on a daily basis, but he was ridiculed hour by hour as far as I'm concerned over the course of over 4 years.  Also, he had to endure the Russian collusion hoax, an impeachment trial over Ukraine, etc.  There were constant efforts to remove him from the White House in the last four years.  The media and our elected elite were looking for whatever they could find to discredit him and to remove him from the White House.  They literally hated Donald Trump.  I want to add the reason for their hatred of Donald Trump wasn't "Trump derangement syndrome" or his personality. There's only one single reason and that's because he stood in the way of the New World Order.  Any president that doesn't support the New World Order will be hated and opposed at every turn.  The establishment elite doesn't want a president that supports the slogan of God, country, and the Constitution.  The elites consider Christian conservatives as a government within a government and they must be silenced.  Big Tech has been doing just that in the past year.  He's the first president since Ronald Reagan to stand up for the values of our country.  All the presidents from George H.W. Bush to Barack Obama were politically correct.  He was a president that stood for American sovereignty, American manufacturing, and the greatness of America.

Here's a list of things I want to thank the former President for:  Thank you for being a friend to Israel, thank you for speaking at a Right to Life rally in 2020, the first president to ever do so.  Thank you for rebuilding our military.  Thank you for renegotiating treaties signed by past administrations that haven't produced anything good for the American people and have instead costed taxpayers probably trillions of dollars.  Thank you for supporting Christians not only in America and around the world.  Thank you for attending the funeral of the late Billy Graham in 2018, who once preached the gospel around the world.  Thank you for the tax cuts of 2017.  Thank you for the stimulus checks from last year due to many people losing their jobs as a result of the "global pandemic".  Thank you for not traveling around the world apologizing for America because you know America is the greatest country in the world and America is always there when another country is in need.  

I do want to thank you for everything that you did when you were right on the issues.  I voted for you on the basis of issues; not your personality.  I support you when you're right on the issues.  I don't worship you or make a god out of you.  But when you support the pillars that make America great such as God, Country, and the Constitution, I am for you.  Lastly, thanks for doing your part to the best of your ability to make American great again.

No comments:

Post a Comment