Powered By Blogger

Saturday, July 3, 2010

This is My Country

YouTube - Kassidy "This is My Country"

This song was composed in 1940 by the popular songwriters Don Raye and Al Jacobs. I'm proud to be an American and the opportunity to live in such a great country. Even though America has its faults like any other country, I don't desire to live anywhere else. When you recognize the rich history behind our nation, you have to say that God has truly blessed us. I believe the reason why we can still say we're a blessed nation is due to not only the longsuffering of God, but our forefathers and many generations succeeding them had a heart to serve God. They knew what liberty meant and they used it to honor God. Not everyone in this nation was a Christian, but there was a select group of people who were Christians that honored God with their lives and testimony. The church at one time held a standard in this country. Today it's very difficult to distinguish the church from the world. Since the church no longer holds the standard that it once did, America is falling by the wayside. In the midst of all the wickedness that's prevalent in society today, I'm glad to say that this is my country, land of my birth. I pledge my allegiance to the grand old flag. Happy Independence Day!
This is my country! Land of my birth!
This is my country! Grandest on earth!
I pledge thee my allegiance, America the bold!
For this is my country to have and to hold!
This is my country! Land of my choice!
This is my country! Hear my proud voice!
I pledge thee my allegiance, America, the bold!
For this is my country to have and to hold!

No comments:

Post a Comment