Powered By Blogger

Monday, July 4, 2016

Barbecuing Beef Brisket

Texas Beef Brisket


Image result for barbecuing beef brisketbeef brisket

I would first like to say Happy Independence Day today.  It's rainy in my area today but that doesn't place a damper on the holiday.  The Lord has been gracious to us.  We're celebrating 240 years of freedom this year. 

One of the traditions during the fourth of July is barbecuing.  Many people involve themselves in outdoor cooking barbecuing chicken, ribs, Boston butt, beef brisket, and the list continues. Today I have posted the recipe on how to barbecue a beef brisket from AmazingRibs.com.   That website has great barbecue recipes. 

A few week ago on June 6, 2016 I barbecued a beef brisket on our smoker.  The beef brisket was a corned beef brisket purchased from Krogers.  I've never barbecued something that long before but I decided to try my hand at it on that particular day.  It took me around 5.5 hours to smoke.  Depending upon the size and type of brisket it is, it can take as much as 8+ hours.  Once the brisket was done, I shredded the meat and placed it on a hamburger bun.  It was good.

I'm going to briefly describe how I barbecued the beef brisket.  I'm fired up the smoker adding charcoal, hickory chips, and sassafras wood.  I took the corned beef brisket out of the package and seasoned it with Morton's season-all salt.  I then took some Sweet Baby Ray's Hickory Brown Sugar barbecue sauce in a cup and added Worchestershire sauce, and light margarine.  I placed it in a microwave and spread it on top of the beef brisket prior to placing it on the smoker.  I placed the brisket in an aluminum roaster pan with some water on the bottom and placed it in the smoke.  I closed the vents as much as I could to trap in the smoke.  I like smoke-flavored meat.  However, it cooked faster than it should've as a result of having too much firepower to start with.  I had to add water to it due to it cooking so quickly.  About 2 hours later,  I added some more barbecue sauce on top mixed with Worchestershire sauce and butter.  Two more hours later, I had to add more sassafras wood to keep the coals hot.  After about 5.5 hours, I took the brisket off the smoker, shredded it and made sandwiches out of it on a hamburger bun.  It was delicious.  Click on the above link to read the recipe on how to barbecue a beef brisket from AmazingRibs.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment